In short, it is not possible to add or delete guests from a Custom List segment once it is created in Segments BETA. However, there is a workaround that involves creating a new segment with the same guests of the previous segment, while adding/subtracting the desired guests.
To perform the workaround, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the desired Custom List segment in Segments BETA, then navigate to Options > Export
- In the Segment Export Schedule screen, enter these values, then press Save Schedule:
- Name: Enter any name here
- Segment: <This should be the desired segment. Leave as is>
- Frequency: Immediately
- Email Recipients: Your email address
- After a few moments, you should receive an email from Punchh with a link to download a CSV file containing a list of guests in the desired Custom List segment. Click on the link to download the CSV file, and open it in Microsoft Excel. In Excel, delete the columns "First Name", "Last Name", "Marketing Email Subscription", "Marketing PN Subscription", "Phone", and "Guest Id". Only the "Email" column should be visible.
- Add or remove the guest emails needed for the updated Custom List segment to the column "Email", and save the CSV file.
- Return to Segments BETA, and click on New Segment
- Create a new Custom List segment, and upload the CSV file previously saved
- Done! The new segment will now contain the modified list of guests from the CSV file previously saved
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)