In Segments BETA, there is an option to freeze an already existing segment and save the guests in a new Custom List segment. This is used if you want to capture the guests included in a previous segment at any particular time.
However, there might be occasions where the resulting frozen segment will have 0 guests.
There are a couple of possible causes:
- The original segment had 0 guests. Go to the original segment and make sure that it actually has some guests.
- The original segment was not finished processing at the time it was frozen. A segment has 0 guests while it's being created and processed by Punchh. Punchh usually takes up to 1 hour to process a segment and save its included guests. If a segment is frozen while it is being processed, the resulting segment will contain 0 guests. You can try freezing the segment at a later time when it has finished processing. To determine the processing status of a segment, you can look at its Audit Log. For example, consider this segment audit log:
- At 7:17AM, the processing status of the segment changed from "Scheduled" to "Loading". This means that Punchh started processing the segment
- At 8:39AM, the processing status changed from "Loading" to "Completed". This means that the number of guests in the segment has been determined and saved.
- In the time span between 7:17AM and 8:39AM, the segment will have 0 guests. After 8:39AM, the segment will have the correct amount of guests according to how its setup.
- If the segment is frozen while it is being processed (between 7:17AM and 8:39AM), the resulting frozen segment will contain 0 guests
- If the segment is frozen after it is done processing (after 8:39AM), the resulting frozen segment will contain the correct number of guests from the original segment
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)