If barcodes are not printing on any terminals at all for an Aloha location, check the following:
First, make sure the below has been confirmed:
- Store Level settings are correctly set up (for help, click here)
- Verify the location has the correct store ID and API key (must match between Aloha and Punchh)
- Barcode generation at the POS is enabled (for help, click here)
Once that has been confirmed, look for the following entries in the Punchhinter logs on the front of house terminals:
- Barcode prints on checkin: This should be set to False
- Barcode prints on redeem: This should be set to False
NOTE: These settings can both be turned on or off in the store level settings by our POS Developer.
Search for the below message in the logs:
- "Not printing barcode on this check - printclosed:"=True
When this message is displayed as true, a Punchh Aloha developer will need to be engaged to rectify and your support ticket will be escalated by the frontline agent.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)