On the Dashboard, you will see a stat for App Downloads. These stats are calculated in the following way:
- Punchh gets app download stats from a third party called AppFigures.
- The specific stat that is pulled from AppFigures is the net downloads - The number of times an app has been downloaded from the store by someone who did not previously own the app.
- AppFigures gets app download stats from Apple and Google directly.
- From Apple, AppFigures gets the app units - The number of first time app downloads made on the app store using iOS 8 or tvOS 9 or later.
- From Google, AppFigures gets the new user acquisition - Number of new users who have never installed the app before.
The App Downloads graph that is viewable in the Dashboard will typically take 24-48 hours to reflect the most complete, recent app download data.
Note: Apple release the download/updates data once a day, for the day before. Whereas, Google release the download/updates data once a day, for two days before.
There are no fix times on when the reports are released by Google Play and App store, so it is always recommended to see their status page to check for any delays.
Google play: https://twitter.com/play_status
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)