This error typically happens when the server being queried determines the bar code is invalid. This is usually due to a connectivity issue or timeout but can be caused by user error related to manual entry or the POS printing an invalid barcode.
For example, the system thinks:
- It is a made-up number - not recognized as a bar code
- It doesn't match any of the bar codes we sent to the POS (and are expecting the POS to return)
Punchh has three ways to determine the location:
- By looking up the barcode in the ISL. (Receipt Store Database)
- If the above fails then Punchh tries to find the location using checksum (which is used to create barcode)
- If Checksum also fails then we try to find the location using Lat-Long, if present
Since the last thing the system tries to verify is the Latitude and Longitude settings, the error that it displays is "out of range" or "range not satisfiable"