If staff is able to enter/scan a redemption code successfully at the POS but sometimes receive an error when selecting the reward from the guest's account at the POS, it is likely due to the guest having staged the reward from the app. The specific error you see will vary from POS to POS such as "your selected reward is not valid for this order" or "given reward is not accessible for this guest".
The first thing to check, however, is that the guest's order meets the requirements for the redemption. If it does, then the process should be as follows:
- If the guest wants to manually redeem their reward, they need to select their reward from the app and select Redeem. This will generate a Redemption Code and QR code to have scanned at the POS also known as staging the reward.
- If the guest does this, their reward cannot be applied from the guest's list of rewards at the POS.
- The same is true for web or app orders. See Why do guests receive "your selected reward is not valid for this order" on web or app orders when the items meet the qualification criteria?
- If the guest wants to have their reward redeemed from the POS, the location will have to lookup the guest's account and apply the reward from their account.
- If the guest does this, they should not select Redeem from the app.
Note: Staged rewards that expire will show on the guest's Timeline and you will be able to see that the reward was not applied from their account as a result. See Why does Expired Redemption show on the guest timeline?r
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)