POS Console is an alternative, for businesses with non-integrated locations, to perform checkins and redemptions for their guests. It is a simple interface to ensure that the core actions of Loyalty programs can be carried out seamlessly even when the POS at the business stores is not integrated with Punchh.
How to Enable
If you have locations that are not integrated with Punchh, via a POS, please work with your Customer Success Manager to comprise a relevant brand strategy and enable the POS Console.
How to Use the POS Console
Before using the POS Console, the locations need to be defined which will appear under POS Console. In order to do that, go to Settings >> Beacons.
Click on "Add New Beacon" button to open up a form as shown below. Enter the details asked and click on "Save" to enable the beacon on the desired location.
This will ensure that the selected location appears under the list of locations on POS Console.
Once done, go to the POS Console button on the main Landing page of the Dashboard.
Click on the POS Console button to enter into the flow of POS Console where you will see the list of available locations.
Click on the desired business location to see a screen showing the Connection State as Connected and displaying two search boxes:
- Search for User allows you to search a guest either using their name, email or phone number.
- Search for Redemption Code allows you to search a guest using the redemption code they have generated.
Use one of the search criteria to identify the guest and see their names appear on the screen after hitting the Go button.
Click on the desired guest to open up the screen to perform the desired action - checkin/redemption following the steps shown on the screen.
Once completed the event will appear on the guest timeline in the Punchh Dashboard.
Points to Remember
- The default POS Console when the feature is enabled is an older version. Please raise the request with Product team to enable the updated one (screenshots for which have been used in this article)
- Discount Amount needs to be added while processing the redemption.
- Max. amount value which can be added in a single transaction is $99.99. For a transaction more than that, break it up into two or more depending on the value.
- Checkins and redemptions from the POS Console will be included in all parts of the Dashboard where checkins and redemptions numbers are reported.