If you have a redeemable that should be discounting a set dollar amount from the transaction ($ or percentage off discount rule), but the wrong items are being discounted, it may be due to the Line Item Selector not containing the item that was intended to be discounted but containing other items on the check.
In this example, all menu items should qualify for the $10 off redeemable. The menu item fries are being discounted. The ranch (as a modifier) is also being discounted because the "include modifers" box was initially checked. We want to see why the first item (wings) didn't qualify.
- Expand the receipt by selecting the eyeball icon. Copy the line item string associated with the item.
The next step would be to access the redeemable line item selector list and verify the SKUs present in the line item selector
- Under Settings>Redeemables, search for the redeemable and select it from the list
- Navigate to Step 2 and click on the qualification criteria
- Scroll to the Line Item Filters and select the Line Item Selector list.
- You can now use Ctrl+f and enter the copied item SKUs to search for the items that should be in the Line Item Selector. In this instance, no results were found.
- To correct the issue, the item code will just need to be added here and updated.