If you are having errors on the POS such as "Guest Lookup Error: A Communication Error Occurred", you can look at the PunchhInter logs for the terminals having issues and you may see lines similar to
Aug 27, 02:02:34.96149, ERROR, PunchhPrt.PrintHandler, PunchhClient error. A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network 192.168.0.123:8008
Aug 27, 02:02:34.96149, INFO , PunchhPrt.PrintHandler, pinging server: 192.168.0.123:8008
Aug 27, 02:02:34.96149, INFO , PunchhPrt.PrintHandler, proxy is up? False
These can be caused by
1. The Proxy service is stopped or has been removed from the BOH.
2. Port 8008 may be blocked on the BOH.
3. The IP address : 192.168.0.123 is not the correct IP for the BOH's Aloha network card.
1. Verify the Proxy service is running successfully as well as the Aloha Punchh Monitor and Aloha Punch Service.
2. Verify that nothing is blocking port 8008 or that no other app is using that port. It is recommended to check firewall settings on the BOH computer and with any antivirus software.
3. You can run the PunchhConf.exe in the Punchh root directory on the BOH computer to set the IP address. You will need to run an Aloha Refresh to push the IP address.
- If you are having issues with the BOH using the IP listed in the logs, confirm you are not having network card issues.
- There can be an environment variable SERVER on the terminals to set the IP.
- There can also be a HOST file setting the incorrect IP address on the terminals.
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)