When pressing the Punchh Button on the POS, the Punchh GUI is launched. In order for this functionality to occur the following requirements must be met:
1. ActivityCLS is set to "PunchhInter.ActivityHandler" in aloha.ini
2. Aloha connect is licensed on key
3. .Net framework is not installed on the POS terminal
4. Verify PunchhInter.dll is registered
If any of the above items are missing or not configured this may prevent the GUI from launching
ActivityCLS is set to "PunchhInter.ActivityHandler" in aloha.ini
Check the logs:
- Locate the PunchhInter logs at: C:\Program FIles (x86)\Punchh\Logs
- Check the final number in the name of the log - this is an indication of which Terminal is relevant to this log.
I.e. if a log is named punchhinter_20200803_T5 then this is the log for Terminal 5.
The snippet below from PunchhInter*.log shows where this such issue may be seen:
See: AcvtivityCLSID1: HERE is where the Punchh Activity Handler information MUST GO.
The link listed above contains the PunchhInter.ActivityHandler information as well.To Resolve this, please see below (D.3 Enable Punchh Application On FOH Terminal: )
Aloha connect is licensed on key
Check with NCR that this location's licensing is in order.
Verify PunchhInter.dll is registered
To Register the Punchh DLLs:
For this specific scenario, the ideal mode to register is below:
In order to register the Punchh Dll's, run the following commands individually from the command prompt (cmd):
1. %windir%\Microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe %localdir%\bin\PunchhPrt.dll
2. %windir%\Microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe %localdir%\bin\PunchhInter.dll
These commands will register the DLL's: PunchhPrt.dll and PunchhInter.dll
After registering the Punchh DLLs, run an Aloha Refresh and re-attempt to load the Punchh Interface.
If after registering the Punchh DLLs, the interface is still not loading, please ensure that the following steps were completed during installation at this location: (from the following setup documentation: Aloha Setup (Fresh Install)
D.3 Enable Punchh Application On FOH Terminal:
- Go to Maintenance > Store > Store Settings
Enter PunchhInter.ActivityHandler into a free "External integrated software component"
This is how aloha attempts to load the Punchh Dll's (PunchhPrt.Dll and PunchhInter.dll)
- The Punchh application dll's files need to be registered on each terminal
The Setup program will create a file named FOHADM.BAT that will be pushed to terminals. If site has Command Center installed on terminals, the this file will be run automatically upon restarts
This file can be run to register the Dll's manually, if needed by opening Windows File Explorer and double click on it or run from a command window
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)