Guest signups report differently between the Dashboard and Data Exports. As such, the two should not be compared as you will see that the totals are not in line with each other. This is expected functionality.
The Punchh dashboard is querying our database and focusing on the date that a guest joined loyalty.
While Data Exports look for the date a guest's account was created.
Note that the date a guest joined and the date that a guest account was created CAN be different.
If my account is first created today, 8/4, via an eClub upload, and then tomorrow I join loyalty, you'd see my account with two different "signup" dates depending on where you look. (Created Date: 8/4 for Data Export Joined Date: 8/5 for Dashboard)
In the below screenshot, we can see that there are two sets of dates.
All of these guests joined Loyalty on June 29, but their accounts were created at different times.
As such, the dashboard will show all of these guests as signed up on June 29, but the data export will vary, depending on your selected timeframe.
If you are looking to find the amount of guests that have joined your loyalty program within a specific time range, refer to the Punchh Dashboard for this information.
From the Dashboard:
- Select the applicable time range.
- Select the applicable location(s).
- The Signups statistic is what you should use as the "source of truth" .
From a Data Export:
- Export 'Guest Data' that includes dates going back to the inception of the business, to take into account previously created accounts as noted above.
- Filter on the 'Guest Signup Date' field for the date(s) you wish to count.
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)