There are two reasons this error can occur:
- There is a file called PunchhUI.cfg at each terminal that has the terminal # in it. If the terminal # isn't there or the terminal # in PunchhUI.cfg does not match the one in the back office, then this error will occur.
- If an OC1.XML in the "PathToChecks" folder (i.e. c:\sc\xml\checks\) does not generate and get consumed after an OpenChecksRequest.xml file is input into the "PathToIn" directory, then this error will occur.
For the second reason, this can be a bit more involved. If you get this error and the terminal # does match, then submit a Support ticket with the following information:
- A copy of the PunchhUI.cfg file and confirmation that the terminal # matches the one in the back office
- Logs from C:\Program Files (x86)\Punchh\Logs
The PathToChecks and PathToIn folders defined in the PunchhConfigurator tool, under the PosiTouch tab. You can open PunchhConfigurator.exe by navigating to C:\ProgramFiles\Punchh\PunchhConfigurator.exe. Take a screenshot of this page.
Navigate to Back Office Setup > Restaurant Misc Data > XML I/O.
- press Configure button next to XML Ordering, take screenshot
- press Configure button next to Open Checks Request, take screenshot
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)