- Choose a PC at the location to install the Punchh Service on. When choosing this PC keep the following in mind:
- If there’s a CAPS terminal at the location, then this PC should be the CAPS terminal.
- This PC needs to have internet access so that check/transaction data can be sent to the Punchh server.
- This PC must meet these system requirements:
Minimum OS: Windows 7 w/ SP1 + .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Login as an Administrator, and run the SetupPunchh.msi installer.
- Leave the installation path as C:\Program Files (x86)\Punchh.
- After installation, check to see that the Punchh service installed and is running.
Do so by pulling up the Windows services and looking for “Punchh.”
You may access the Windows services by:
- Typing WIndows Key + R > typing services.msc >enter
- Searching for “Services” from the Windows start menu.
- Navigate to the installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Punchh.
If you or your company use an Application Whitelisting Service, ensure that the contents of this directory are whitelisted so that updates and functionality are not impeded.
- Enter the location specific API_Key and set the POS_Type to Simphony.
If you are unsure about your location’s “API_KEY” you will find this in the Punchh Platform under:
Settings>Locations>Find your Location>Click on the POS Tab> Scroll down and find the “Location Key.”
- Click on the Simphony.cfg tab:
Note: The default port is set to 5614. If this port is already in use by another application, then an error will appear in the log files. See the Troubleshooting section of this document for more details.
- Change the value of PunchhDiscountObjectNum to the loyalty discount ID from the EMC setup:
- Click the Apply button. The Punchh service will be restarted, and the configuration files will be updated. The PunchhConfigurator.exe will not close automatically - click “Exit” to do so after clicking “Apply.”