Receipt Tags are a great way to identify customer trends or identify how well new products are doing, related to loyalty purchases.
After setting it up, and waiting for it to become live (activating a receipt tag will tag every single transaction that we have received from the business, so it can take some time), you may see that it did not tag any receipts.
In almost all of these scenarios, this is due to the configuration of the Qualification Criteria or Line Item Selector. Common steps to troubleshoot are listed below:
- It is best to start at the most basic element of the Receipt Tag, the Line Item Selector:
- If you're identifying items by name or ID, make sure that you have chosen the correct selector. This is the most common issue. If you are listing item IDs, make sure it's not set to find Item Name or Item Family.
- If you are listing multiple line item IDs or item names, separated with commas, ensure that you're using "in" or "not in", depending on your use case. Note: Case sensitivity only matters for item name or item type.
- When it comes to the Qualification Criteria, simple is best. You do not need to fill out the Line Item Filters section. Only the Qualifiers area of the QC is important, as we are not actually processing anything for the orders - only identifying them.
- Sum of Amounts is usually all you will need for simple Receipt Tags.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer