Some states do not allow discounts/loyalty rewards on certain items, such as alcohol or tobacco. In addition, brands usually want to keep purchases of gift cards, delivery fees, service charges, etc. from earning points on POS checks. You can set this up using the following steps:
- Identify any POS item IDs associated with the items you do not want to earn.
- Create a Line Item Selector that groups all of the desired, non-earning line item IDs.
- Create a Qualification Criteria with the Sum of Amounts processing function, and add the Line Item Selector to the Line Item Filters section.
- Change the inline processing function for the Line Item Filter to Exclude. Note: Nothing is required for the Qualifiers section, as this will apply to every single order.
- Reach out to email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager with a link to the Qualification Criteria, and we will add this to the brand-wide settings to apply to every check.