Some states do not allow discounts/loyalty rewards on certain items, such as alcohol or tobacco. In addition, brands usually want to keep purchases of gift cards from earning points on POS checks. You can set this up using the following steps:
- First, you'll need to identify any POS item IDs associated with the items you do not want to earn.
- Next, you'll need to create a Line Item Selector that groups all of the desired, non-earning line item IDs. Name it, and then select "Item ID" from the "Add Line Item Selector" section, and choose not in(case insensitive) from the drop-down:
- Next, list all item IDs(comma-separated) you want to exclude from earning, and press update.
- For this step, we will create a Qualification Criteria with the Sum of Amounts processing function, and add our Line Item Selector to the Line Item Filters section(leave it as Sum of Amounts), and update. Note: Nothing is required for the Qualifiers section, as this will apply to every single order.
- Lastly, you will want to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager with a link to the Qualification Criteria, and we will add this to the brand-wide settings to apply to every check.