If you have scheduled a campaign and noticed it has finished processing but still have not received any notifications from the campaign, please consider the following:
- The time you schedule a campaign is when the campaign will begin processing (eg. the yellow box in the image below)
- Push Notification, SMS/Text and Email notifications are not sent until after the campaign processing completes. (eg. the red box in the image below)
Please note: Campaign & Segment processing time varies depending on the size and complexity of the segments attached.
Below is a brief overview of the technical process:
- Punchh servers have to compile all the associated data from the requested campaign.
- After it is finished processing on Punchh's servers it is sent to the Email, SMS, and PN servers that host our clients. (eg. Twillio, Sendrgrid etc.)
- Once received the Email, SMS, and PN servers can begin processing the request from Punchh. The amount of time this takes depends on the size of the Segment from the campaign.
- After it is finished processing on the notification servers that host our clients it is sent to the Guests Phone and Email providers servers for processing. (eg. Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Yahoo, Gmail etc.)
- These notifications are then filtered through the guest's service provider's security protocols spam filters etc.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, disordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer