When you use a browser (i.e. Google Chrome) it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
In Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history...
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- Open Chrome at the top right, click More. (three dots stacked in a verticle line)
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click on Tools (the gear icon) > Reset Safari....
- Check Empty the cache and Remove all cookies, then click on Reset.
- Open Firefox click the Menu (three stacked horizontal lines) then click Options.
- On the left side, select Privacy & Security, then select Clear Data...
- In the pop-up menu, make sure both boxes are checked for Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content, then click Clear.
In MS Edge:
- Open Edge Select the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar in front of a star), click the History menu option and then click Clear History.
- Select "Cookies and saved website data" and "Cached data and files". After the two are marked click Clear.