When you are uploading eClub guests, you may run into an issue where the upload fails due to formatting in the .CSV file.
One of the common issues is due to formatting for the birthday field. Here's the easiest way to resolve this:
- The minimum requirements for upload are First Name, Last Name and Email address. Other fields that you want to upload must match the name for that field from Guests > Edit Profile.
- After that, fields such as birthday are required to be formatted in certain ways in order to be parsed correctly by our CSV uploader.
- The formatting for birthday must be YYYY-MM-DD. If you have your dates typed in a different way, you can use Excel to format the column for the correct format.
- Simply open your CSV file in Excel, and right-click the letter that represents the column for the Birthday header.
- Choose Format Cells
- Then, go to the Date section on the left, and choose the format that matches the above, and press OK.
- At this point, you can save the file and upload it into Punchh.