There is a limit of usable characters in SMS.
- Character choice is important and determines how your message will be treated and delivered to your end-user. Use the GSM character set whenever possible.
You can google search "GSM Characters" and look for alternate characters to use in your SMS messaging
- Be aware that if you use a single character outside the GSM character set, your message will be split into multiple messages if you exceed 70 characters.
- Using emojis will limit your message to 70 characters.
- If you use Microsoft Office to compose your messages, turn off the “Smart Quotes” feature. This feature converts apostrophes and quotation marks to characters not supported in the GSM character set. Straight quotes and apostrophes are supported in GSM but curly quotes and apostrophes are not.
- Select Latin American countries support
ASCIIonly, which limits message length to 140 characters.