Push Notifications have a fairly high rate of guests that unsubscribe. The average for push notification opt-outs for iOS is 60-65%, while Android is 40%.
This is for several reasons.:
- Push Notifications are the most direct way to reach a guest, and will send a notification directly to their notification area on their device - this can be bothersome for some that receive too many, or irrelevant notifications.
- Some users don't allow push notifications from any app at all, so it is probably best reserved for your most loyal/frequent customers that actually interact with them.
- For iOS devices when the app is opened for the first time, before the sign-up form, a pop-up is displayed to the guests(mandatory for all iOS apps) asking to "Allow the push notifications" and alerts from the app. If the guest taps "Don't allow", they will be unsubscribed from receiving any push notifications.
- This pop-up is not displayed for Android devices(users have to manually disable these notifications from settings), which accounts for the lower opt-out average.
- Ensure The Publish Section is "Product Questions"
- Step 3 - bullets and short steps are preferred to paragraphs.
- Step 4 - Use Images. Pictures tell a 1000 words! You can paste or upload images as needed.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer