Aloha POS - New Site Activation/Installation Steps:
At least one week before the scheduled go live for a new Aloha POS Site:
You or your Punchh Customer Success manager will need to add the new site in the Punchh Portal under Setting/Locations
Ensure that the Store ID in the dashboard matches the store unit ID set in the Aloha POS System Settings. If the Store is setup in the Aloha POS with a leading zero (001 vs. 1), then the unit ID in Punchh needs to ALSO include the leading zeros
Provide the following information to Punchh Support Center in a new ticket created here: https://support.punchh.com
Site Name in Punchh Dashboard: _______________________________
Site Number as Programmed in the Aloha POS System Settings
(This unit number must be unique for your brand
Aloha POS Type (QS/TS) and Major Version for the site (6.7x, 12.3x, 14.1x, 15.1x)
The version of .net installed on ALL POS terminals at the site:
3.5 sp1 or 4.x
The site Punchh API Key ID: ____________________________________
Punchh Dashboard/Locations/Select the new Location
Open the POS Tab and Copy the Location Key
Versions of .net Available on ALL of the POS terminals:
Y/N - .net 3.5 SP1 is installed on ALL terminals at the site
Y/N - .net 4.x is installed on ALL terminals at the site
Once received, the Punchh Support team will will add the new location(s) to our Punchh Configuration and Update server.
Please Note: We currently do not read the Location Unit ID from the Punchh Dashboard. Any changes the the Unit ID either on the dashboard or POS System Settings needs to be coordinated with our support team via a support ticket opened on the Punchh Support Center at https://support.punchh.com
You will be notified via the support ticket that the addition has been made to our configuration server and you can then proceed to install Punchh on the AlohaBOH PC
Your installer WILL NOT WORK until the new site is setup on our Punchh Configuration server.
Please ensure that prior to installation your validate that the site's firewall will allow you you can navigate to
htttp://punchh.freshservers.net/punchhapi/pingjson on the AlohaBOH PC.
- If you are staging the POS at a site other than the final destination, before go-live ensure all the firewall and POS AV rules are setup and confirmed working. The configuration server needs to be accessible for updates to the application and changes in configuration See the Firewall Guide here: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010556653-Aloha-Firewall-Site-Setup
- If we have been granted access to your brand’s POS systems via Command Center, please remember to extend our access to the new site to enable us to assist with any installation problems.
Once FW access has been confirmed accessible, you may proceed with the Punchh Installation
From Aloha, stop the POS from transactions. This will ensure that other services such as online ordering will not have files locked from being updated
If this is an Upgrade of a site that already has Punchh installed, the Punchh installation needs to be performed before 10a or after 11p local time of the the site. The reason for this is that the Punchh Update server restricts updates during business hours that would cause an interruption in POS service. If re-installation needs to be performed during business hours, please contact Punchh Support and we can temporarily disable the update time restrictions. There not actually be a need to perform a re-installation because the Punchh Aloha Update server also pushes updates as long as the Aloha Punchh Monitor Service is working.
After the initial installation has been completed, the system will not yet be ready to test or productions use
Upon installation the Punchh Monitor Service will connect to the Punchh Configuration Server at punchh.freshservers.net
Using the settings built into your Brand Specific Punchh installer and the location ID read from the Aloha.ini file to identify itself to the Punchh update server
The Update server will then match the correct Brand/Location settings and the designated Punchh Version for this sites version of Aloha POS and pass the settings and the updated executable's
Once downloaded the Punchh Monitor Service will attempt to update the Punchh POS application files in the POS /BIN/ folder that were installed with the initial installation of the Brand Specific install EXE
This process will take about 10-25 minutes to complete. Once completed, you should refresh the POS and restart the FOH. From the FOH terminal you should see the new files being added as the POS restarts from 2-3 times.
Once Aloha is floating, test the POS for Punchh Functionality:
- Perform a guest lookup in the Punchh GUI
- Apply a redemption from the Punchh GUI
- Ring a check and scan the barcode with the App to earn
- (If applicable) Use the POS Scanner to perform a user check-in
- (If applicable) Use the POS Scanner to perform a user redemption
In the event the system doesn't work 100%, open a new POS Support ticket at https://support.punchh.com
Include the following log files with the ticket:
(Log files guide here https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012056234-Aloha-POS-Punchh-Logging-FAQ)
- Punchh Monitor Service update log file from the AlohaBOH server. This will be located on the AlohaBOH PC in the following folder:
- Punchh Proxy service log file from the AlohaBOH server.
- AlohaPunchhSVC log from the AlohaBOH Server. This will be located on the AlohaBOH PC in the following folder:
- AjohaPunchh logs and PunchhInter logs from the Aloha POS Terminal Aloha\TMP Folder:
We should be able to determine what is causing the update issue form these log files. If there are problems downloading the new AlohaPunchh.exe or PunchhMonitor.exe most of the time this is caused by LANDesk or other AV controls. Temporarily disabling them may get the POS up and working, but a rules need to be added to the LANDesk configuration to enable future updates.*-