In addition to the tools available to check the health/frequency of POS data being received, you can also set up an email to be sent to admins that will identify which locations we have received data from or which ones we have not.
This is a per-location setting, and will be sent from email@example.com to any associated admins for the location at which it is enabled(to stop these from being sent out, uncheck the box for the location under Settings > Location, near the bottom of Location tab):
There are two types of emails sent when this setting is turned on:
- [Company Name] Received Data From POS Locations - will be sent if we have received check/POS data from the location the previous day.
- [Company Name] Data Missing from POS Locations - if the location is in this list, Punchh did not receive check/POS data for at least the previous day.
- It also includes steps to take to resolve connectivity issues with Punchh Developed POS Integrations(Aloha, Micros), posted below:
- Verify that the Proxy service is running.
- If Proxy service is running, verify that POS software has not been updated recently with a newer version. If it has been updated, installation of new POS Punchh interface is required.
- If nothing has changed on POS, review the size of Proxy logs and verify that they are longer than 1k per day. If small files are present, there’s an issue with the Proxy service. Please get in touch with Punchh Help Desk.
- If Proxy service is NOT running, verify that a new machine has not been recently installed. If that’s the case, reinstallation of Punchh app software is required.
- If none of the above steps works, please get in touch with Punchh Help Desk.