In the event that a guest provides to you an image of a receipt with a missing or unreadable barcode but still has transaction information such as location, date, and transaction number, Barcode Search can be used to locate the corresponding transaction and recover the missing barcode number. To use Barcode Search:
- Navigate to Support > Barcode Lookup.
- Click the Barcode Search tab at the top.
- Select a Location from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Calendar icon to choose the date of the disputed transaction.
- Enter the Transaction Number.
- Click Search.
- Once it's been found, highlight and copy the barcode number from the located receipt.
Punchh can't see whether or not a receipt has been used unless we look it up using the barcode number, which you now have.
- Navigate back to the Barcode Lookup tab and enter your recovered barcode number.
- Click Lookup to locate the receipt in the Punchh system.