The Guests Profile Based segment is configured to filter guests based on their User Type and additional attributes such as age, gender, migration status, etc.
A guest's User Type is denoted by one or more blue tags located below their name in their guest profile, as shown in the screenshot below. User types are enabled by default and are automatically associated with a guest as conditions are met;
If you've enabled the Memberships add-on module, you can create custom membership levels and tags under Settings > Memberships. You'll set these levels based on the total amount of points a guest has accumulated.
- User Type – Filter your segment based on a guest's user type, as defined by their default membership tags. You can choose to include only either Loyalty or eClub.
- Time Duration – Select how recently in the past or define a general duration that will continue to populate as the date moves forward.
For example, "Current Month" will include all guests who updated their profile during the current month. When the next month comes along, the segment will reset and begin adding guests who update their profile during that new month.
In addition to sorting by user type and/or membership level, you may further sort by additional user attributes such as age, gender, migration status, Facebook users, and more. One useful attribute is "Guest Activity", which is a measure of how long it's been since the guest checked in, made a redemption, signed up, etc.
- Click the Attribute drop-down to choose from the list of user attributes.
Click the Operator drop-down to choose the state of existence for each attribute.
Depending on the attribute, the Operator function will change to "Is", "Less Than", "Equal To", etc.List of Segment Attributes
- Add or select an appropriate Value for each particular attribute.
- Click the Add Attribute button at the bottom to further refine your segment based on user information.
Click on one of your Profile-based segments to view more information about the users who belong to it. Click the different tabs to toggle through stat types such as Age, Signup Source, etc. Hover over the pie chart with your mouse to see total count and relative percentage for each attribute you chose to filter for.