Check promo code availability
Currently, you are limited to only using one distinct promo code for one campaign. This means you can't use the same promo code twice (and you also cannot edit a finished promo campaign to reactivate or reschedule). Because of these limitations, it is useful to have a resource to quickly check for the availability of a promo code.
It's a pretty simple process.
- Navigate to Support > Coupon Lookup.
- Enter the promo code into the search field, and hit search.
If your lookup returns a result, you're out of luck and will have to think of a new promo code. If your lookup doesn't return any results, it means that promo code has not yet been used and it available for you to add to a new promo campaign.
Search using a pre-generated coupon code
If you're trying to perform a lookup using a pre-generated coupon code, there's a good chance you're doing it for troubleshooting, and you'll first need to find a code to lookup. There are a few ways you can do this. The easiest way is to grab it from a guest's timeline, assuming you know the guest who used it. You can also pull a code from an exported list, or you can find it from the list of coupon codes shown in the campaign from which it originated. To find a pre-generated code, do this:
- Navigate to Campaigns (beta) > Campaigns.
- Click the Offer drop-down and select Coupon.
- Click the name of the campaign you want.
- Click the blue Edit Campaign button at the top-right.
- Click the More Options drop-down and select Coupon Codes List.
The coupon codes list contains all the codes that have been generated thus far in the campaign. For dynamic generation campaigns, this list will continue to grow as more guests trigger a new code.
- Find the code from the list and copy it.
Use the tabs at the top to view coupons by status; awaiting, awarded, or expired.
- Navigate back to Support > Coupon Lookup and paste your code into the search field.