Create barcodes for testing
When testing campaigns, you can make as many test barcodes as you need, instantly. To do so:
- Navigate to Support > Test Barcodes in the left navigation toolbar.
- Use the Generate Barcode slider to choose how many receipts/barcodes you want to create.
- Click the Location drop-down and select a location for your receipts/barcodes.
We recommend setting up a fake testing location specifically for this purpose.
- Click the Receipt Date field to choose a date and time range for the barcodes.
Set this time frame to be during the future time when your campaign will be active. The receipt times will be randomized using this time window.
- Item Name in the field.
This is only necessary for POS's that don't support item/menu IDs.
- Use the sliders to choose the Quantity Per Item and Total Receipt Items.
Item quantity is useful if (for example) you are testing a BOGO campaign and need at least a quantity of 2 to meet your qualification criteria.
- Menu Item Type, use the drop-down to choose the corresponding letter(s) you set for this type.
This is also referred to as "Line Item Type", such as M for "Menu Item", D for "Discount", X for "Extra", T for "Tax", S for "Service Charge", etc. (M and D are the most common)
- Enter Menu Item, Menu Family, and Menu Group IDs for each item to appear on your barcode/receipt(s).
These are also known as Item ID, Item Family, and Item Major Group.
For the Aloha POS system, "Menu Family and Menu Group" are associated with the item's "Sales/Retail Category".
- Transaction No. for the barcode.
Enter multiple numbers if generating multiple barcodes/receipts.
- Employee Name and Employee ID. Enter an
- Revenue Code(s) and Revenue ID(s) for your receipt items.
Based on the data provided by your POS. Revenue Codes may be "1" for in-store, "2" for mobile orders, etc. Revenue IDs may be "In-Store", "Online", etc.
- Status field, add a description that would typically show up on your receipt. In the
- When finished, click the Generate button to create and view your barcodes.