In some business scenarios, guests get hold of a receipt before it is truly finalized. Guests may get points/visits based on a receipt that is not yet complete, or there is a reasonable chance of an update (ie. bar tab).
The strategies below can help determine how/when loyalty rewards are credited to the guest. There are primarily 2 strategies. First is based on a time delay and second is more explicit where an external event determines when the points have to be credited. Enabling “pending” checkins sends checkins into a “pending” state.
- No Pending Checkins - Checkins do not go into a "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded to guests immediately.
- Explicit API - Checkins are put into "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded until an explicit API call is triggered by the POS/third-party.
- Automatic - Checkins remain in "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded after a specified delay or the next POS closing time, whichever occurs first.
If a Pending Checkin Strategy is chosen, the business must choose how long they would like to delay receipt updates before they are finalized, along with a checkin channel.
- Receipt Update Delay Minutes - Number of minutes to wait before updating a receipt with final updated receipt amounts.
- Pending Checkin Channel(s) - The checkins made through the selected channel(s) will be sent into pending state.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer