In some business scenarios, guests get hold of a receipt before it is truly finalized. Guests may get points/visits based on a receipt that is not yet complete, or there is a reasonable chance of an update (ie. bar tab).
The strategies below can help determine how/when loyalty rewards are credited to the guest. There are primarily 2 strategies. First is based on a time delay and second is more explicit where an external event determines when the points have to be credited. Enabling “pending” checkins sends checkins into a “pending” state.
- No Pending Checkins - Checkins do not go into a "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded to guests immediately.
- Explicit API - Checkins are put into "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded until an explicit API call is triggered by the POS/third-party.
- Automatic - Checkins remain in "pending" state and loyalty points/visits are awarded after a specified delay or the next POS closing time, whichever occurs first.
If a Pending Checkin Strategy is chosen, the business must choose how long they would like to delay receipt updates before they are finalized, along with a checkin channel.
- Receipt Update Delay Minutes - Number of minutes to wait before updating a receipt with final updated receipt amounts.
- Pending Checkin Channel(s) - The checkins made through the selected channel(s) will be sent into pending state.