To create a segment:
- Navigate to Guests > Segments (beta).
- Click the Profile, Checkin, Redemption, Custom, or Others tabs to choose the category of the segment you want to create.
These are known as Segment Starting Points, and they'll help you get a running start towards making a new segment by streamlining the settings and attributes for each specific type.
From the drop-down list, click on the type of Segment Starting Point you want to create.
- Click the New Segment button at the top-right.
Enter a Name and Description for your new segment, something descriptive and quickly identifiable.
- Click the Effective Locations drop-down to select a location/group of locations this segment will be limited to.
- Add and edit Segment Attributes to narrow your segment based on guest information.
(The default settings and attributes visible to you will depend on the type of segment you chose earlier, and for each specific attribute, its Operator function will change, to "Is", "Less Than", "Equal To", etc.)
Click the Add Attribute button to add even more filters to narrow down your audience.Examples of segment attributes
Click the Duration Unit drop-down to choose a time duration for the segment.
Select the desired day of the week, dates, or amount of days/months/years, as applicable.
- Click the Time Zone drop-down to select the best corresponding time zone for your business. This is important if you are using dayparts.
- Use the Day Parts drop-down to select from any of your pre-defined day parts (a period of hours during each business day).
Check the Use Receipt Time instead of Scan Time? box to change how new checkins are counted, time-wise.
What's the difference between Scan Time and Receipt Time
When a customer scans a receipt by using the bar code reader on their mobile app, Scan Time would define the input time as the moment the receipt is entered. Receipt Time, on the other hand, defines the input time as the time the original transaction occurred (the time included on the receipt). For example, let's say a guest buys a burrito on Monday, March 2nd at 3:00 PM but waits a couple of days before scanning their receipt into their mobile app. If the guest scans the receipt on Wednesday, March 4th at 2:00 PM, the Scan Time counts that checkin time as Wednesday, March 4th at 2:00 PM whereas Receipt Time would count that checkin time as Monday, March 2nd at 2:00 PM. This distinction may make a difference while using set durations of specific days/dayparts in a campaign.
- While setting your segment attributes, you may click the blue View Segment Size button at the bottom of the page to get a quick estimate of how many guests will be included in the segment, based on your current settings.
- Once finished, click Save or Save and Show to finalize your new segment.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer