Each of your stores must be added as locations in your dashboard in order to participate in your loyalty program or with online ordering. You store locations were likely set up by Punchh during initial implementation, but from time to time (whenever you open a new store or decide to enable more locations) you'll need to add a new one.
To add a new location to your Dashboard in order for it to participate in the rewards program, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Locations.
- Click the blue New Location button on the top-right.
- Choose a Name for the location. Typically the city and/or street is a good name (e.g., Taylor - Second St.).
- Enter the store number or code your company uses for it.
This ID is often shared with other 3rd party vendors as the store identifier, such as Online Ordering partners.
- Enter the store's Address (Street, City, State, Post Code, and Country) and Time Zone.
- Select a Timezone from the drop-down.
This timezone will affect the receipt time logic within Punch
- Specify the latitude and longitude for your store. (This will place it on a map, but you can still do this later on).
Tip: To find latitude and longitude, search for the address in Google Maps. Once you find it, right-click on the location marker and select "What's here?" The lat/long coordinates will be displayed
5. Enter the in-store phone number.
This phone number will be shown along with your location in the mobile app and will be clickable to initiate a call to the store.
6. In the Location Email field, enter the email address for the person at this location (typically the franchise owner or store manager) who will receive all location notifications.
The notifications include Negative Feedback Alerts, Monthly and Weekly Reports, New Redemption Codes, High Spend and Redemption Alerts and Location Scorecard. If you do not wish to receive those emails, clear out this field and create an Admin associated with this location and choose notification preferences for that Admin.
Use the Franchisee drop-down to choose from one of your saved Franchisee owners. This requires that you have enabled the Franchisee option in your dashboard setting. Once enabled, you can set these up in Settings > Admin Users > Franchisees.
Location Groups field to choose one or more location groups to associate with this store.Click the
9. Check the Enable location for whitelabel checkins / liability reporting and POS stats reporting checkbox. This enables you to see this locations stats for reporting purposes inside the dashboard.
10. Click the Go Live date field to choose a date for when this store will begin using the loyalty program.
11. Click Add Location to finalize. Once the location is added, the API key will generate. The API key is located on the POS page towards the bottom of the page.
Your new location may begin its loyalty program and will be available for you to further edit and configure. You will need to copy the new location API key to your POS to properly configure your Punchh integration.
Don't forget to set-up the remaining parameters as detailed below.
Edit and configure your new location
Edit and configure your location in order to add needed information and integrate your POS system. From the Locations page, click on the name of a location to edit it. You'll want to configure settings for the POS, Mobile App, and Map sections.
Once a location’s information has been entered, it’s time to define your POS Integration.
Typically, a brand uses one POS type across all of the brand's locations. This setting is configured in the Cockpit section of the dashboard.
When individual locations are created under Settings > Locations in the dashboard, there is an option to configure a POS type. This ONLY needs to be configured if the location's POS type is different from the brand's POS settings in Cockpit. When this is left blank, the settings from Cockpit are pulled to the individual location.
Selecting a POS type your company hasn't been set up for may require an app update and is generally not recommended. Please be sure to speak to your CSM if you are moving to a different POS.
Detailed POS Settings
1. Configure settings for the Mobile App. Here you’ll check off any store properties this location has, enter an Online Ordering URL (if applicable), and enter the location’s store hours.
These display on the Locations section of the mobile app. Any changes made to store hours will reflect on the app once the next data sync with Punchh has occurred.
Detailed Mobile Settings