When a guest account is deactivated, the email address will change to 'deactivated-<email address>. In this case, a user can create another account with the business using the same email address that was deactivated.
As a result, in the Punchh platform, there will be 2 guests with the same email id. One of those email address would be deactivated. For example,
- New account created by the user: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deactivated account of the same user: email@example.com
In this case, when an attempt is made to deactivate the guest again, this error message is received: "The guest could not be deactivated".
Please follow the steps below to deactivate the guest account:
- Permanently delete the user (deactivated-<email address>)
- Once the user is deleted from the Platform, you will have to wait 7 days as this guest has been marked for deletion. All the data associated to this guest will be deleted withing 7 days.
- After 7 days, you can now deactivate the guest account (new guest account created).
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer