When a guest account is deactivated, the email address will change to 'deactivated-<email address>. In this case, a user can create another account with the business using the same email address that was deactivated.
As a result, in the Punchh platform, there will be 2 guests with the same email id. One of those email address would be deactivated. For example,
- New account created by the user: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deactivated account of the same user: email@example.com
In this case, when an attempt is made to deactivate the guest again, this error message is received: "The guest could not be deactivated".
Please follow the steps below to deactivate the guest account:
- Permanently delete the user (deactivated-<email address>)
- Once the user is deleted from the Platform, you will have to wait 7 days as this guest has been marked for deletion. All the data associated to this guest will be deleted withing 7 days.
- After 7 days, you can now deactivate the guest account (new guest account created).