Punchh migration migrates points and rewards for users using a pre-existing loyalty program to Punchh loyalty program. When a new business has an existing loyalty program and they choose Punchh to be their loyalty platform, they have to ensure that users on incumbent loyalty program (with whatever points/rewards they have earned) should migrate over to Punchh without much of hassle and they should still see their points and rewards from existing program on Punchh.
- Clients to provide Punchh with Migration Data (Loyalty data export from the incumbent system). This data should be sanitized by the clients themselves. Examples of sanitization: Ensuring Email addresses, phones are in valid format and there are no duplicates.
- Punchh uploads this data to the Migration table. The initial state of every record is 'Awaiting Migration'. All records in this status are displayed on Platform (Guests > Awaiting Migration).
- Migration triggers once user record is created and criteria are met for migration. Migration needs to be turned on for a business for this to happen.
- Once a user is migrated, the status of the record is set to 'Migrated'. All records in this status are displayed on the Platform (Visitors > Migrated). Visitor Timeline on Platform also reflects the same.
- Records once migrated cannot be migrated again. When users try to use the same unique identifier (such as membership card number, phone, email), no error is returned in case of Card Number and duplicate phone/email error is returned in case of Phone.
A most important part of the migration process is defining an identifier. This identifier can either be the Phone Number, Email or Card Number. The identifier is generally a field in migration data that is available for all records and is unique. It is also important that all users are aware of this identifier. E.g. We can't keep card number as an identifier if it is not known to the majority of users.
Punchh has following types of migration flows:
- Based on Email/Phone Number
- Based on card number or code
- Pre-create and Pre migrate users
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, disordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer