Punchh migration migrates points and rewards for users using a pre-existing loyalty program to Punchh loyalty program. When a new business has an existing loyalty program and they choose Punchh to be their loyalty platform, they have to ensure that users on incumbent loyalty program (with whatever points/rewards they have earned) should migrate over to Punchh without much of hassle and they should still see their points and rewards from existing program on Punchh.
- Clients to provide Punchh with Migration Data (Loyalty data export from the incumbent system). This data should be sanitized by the clients themselves. (Example: verifying email addresses & phone numbers are in valid format)
- Punchh uploads this data to the Migration table. The initial state of every record is 'Awaiting Migration'. All records in this status are displayed in the Punchh Platform by navigating to Guests > Awaiting Migration.
- Migration triggers once user record is created and criteria is met for migration. Migration needs to be turned on for a business for this to happen.
- Once a user is migrated, the status of the record is set to 'Migrated'. All records in this status are displayed on the Platform (Visitors > Migrated). Visitor Timeline on Platform also reflects the same.
- Once records have been migrated they cannot be migrated again. When users try to use the same unique identifier (such as membership card number, phone, email), one of two things will happen.
- Migration ID: If guest re-enters a migration ID that's been migrated already, the system will not attempt to pull the duplicate data over. No error will be provided.
- Phone / Email: If guest re-enters a phone number or email address, the system will be prompted to provide a Duplicate Phone Number / Email Address error message.
The most important part of the migration process is defining an identifier. This identifier can either be the Phone Number, Email or Card Number. The identifier is generally a field in migration data that is available for all records and is unique. It is also important that all users are aware of this identifier.
Punchh has these following types of migration flows available:
- Email/Phone Number
- Previous loyalty account number or code
- Advanced migration users