9999 barcodes occur when there is a loss of communication the POS terminal and Punchh Proxy Service. In the current scenario, a connection is established each time a barcode needs to be printed. If the connection is not successful, 9999 barcodes are printed.
This could be due to one of the following:
- API Location Key is missing or incorrect
- Compare the Location Key that is listed in Punchh to what is listed in Micros POS (they need to be the same)
- Follow these steps to locate the Location Key: Where do I find the Punchh Location Key for a site?
- the Punchh service is not turned on
- Firewall issues
- Review Firewall Setup and Validation steps here: Micros RES Firewall Site Setup
- the Config files needs to be updated
Open Punchh Configurator, under the Punchh.cfg file:
Please change the following parameter to true:
should now be
If you've reviewed the items listed above and the issue persists, please submit a ticket to Punch Support. For help submitting a ticket, click here.
In an effort to supply information as quickly as possible, this article has been published prior to a formal technical review, and is subject to factual, grammatical, and various structural errors. Data may be incomplete, misordered, or incorrect.
This additional disclaimer will be removed upon formal review of this article. The standard Punchh Inc. KB Disclaimer still applies, and can be found at: https://support.punchh.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040100273-Punchh-Inc-Knowledge-Base-Disclaimer
If further assistance is required, submit a ticket to Punchh Support. (For help submitting a ticket, click here)