Forced redemptions are essentially a fail safe to guard against fraud committed by the guest or mistakes on your part during the creation and distribution of rewards.
- Click on a guest's name to open their guest profile.
- Navigate to the Force Redemption tab.
- Enter a comment into the Comment field.
This is internal communication and will only appear on the guest's Timeline page visible to you in the Punchh Dashboard.
- If taking away points/punches, enter the amount into the Requested punches field.
If your program uses banked dollar values, those can be deducted from here.
3. If taking away a reward, click the Reward drop-down and choose the desired redeemable to force redeem.
If you don't see any redeemables in the Rewards drop-down, that means the guest has no active redemptions that can be force redeemed.
4. Click Create Redemption when finished.
Once created, the redemption code will automatically be applied to that guest's active redemption. Essentially, we have "used" the reward. It will appear on the timeline as such:
The guest won't receive a notification about this forced redemption, and it will only appear in the guest's mobile app account history as having been "Expired" (see below).