Current Online Vendors and Supported POS Systems
|Online Ordering Vendor||Supported POS Systems||Online Vendor Feature Name|
|Send "Guest User Context" as menu items on the check|
Requirements for Enabling this Functionality
- Online ordering vendor is natively integrated with Punchh (i.e. Orders placed online with the vendor while signed in with a SSO user identity
are sent directly to Punchh and earned Online if they are logged into to the shared Online Vendor/Punchh guest ID)
- The online ordering vendor can send to the POS ONLY a menu item that identifies when the online order was placed by a logged in user vs.
a guest that is not logged into the shared online ordering/Punchh user ID
Outline of Functionality and Method To Implement
Client will setup 2 user context menu items (Registered user, & Non Registered User) in their POS database. These items will be added by
the Online Ordering provider when the orders are sent the location POS systems. These items don't need to be sent to the kitchen. These
items should not be generally accessible to staff on the POS system
Example (The item name used is irrelevant. Remember that this item is Customer facing when it is the printed POS receipts):
- Registered User – Item ID 123456 |
- Guest User – Item ID 123457
- Example (The item name used is irrelevant. Remember that this item is Customer facing when it is the printed POS receipts):
A new line item selector will need to be created for the REGISTERED USER menu item in the Punchh Portal under:
Settings/Line Item Selectors
There is no need to add a line item selector for the Guest User. This menu item does not require any Punchh side setup in rules or line
item selectors. It is only added to Online Ordering guest user orders send to the POS to provide context between the status of the user
checkout on ALL online orders. Since the default behavior of Punchh is allow earning(based on the assigned Earning Qualifying Criteria
Rule), there is not special processing required for Guest user orders.
The new line item selector will need to be added to ALL assigned Earning Criteria for the brand. Identifying the active QC's for the
brand will require a Punchh support agent to look in
If a brand does not currently have any active earning QC's, then a new earning QC will need to be created with the coordination of the Brand.
In each active earning QC, we will add our new line item selector in the Item Qualifiers section:
Repeat this for each assigned earning QC
The Punchh support team will need to modify the API error message returned when a check with menu items on it that disqualifies it from earning.
In the Punchh Portal under Whitelabel\API Messages:
Default API Error Message:
Change it to (or something to this effect):
Once the Punchh rules are created, the brand we can perform lab testing by manually adding the Registered User menu item to a check on the POS. They
may then verify that when the POS guest check barcode is scanned, the new rule(s) work to prevent checkin earning on the POS check
Request the online ordering vendor to activating the user context feature and provide them the Registered User and Guest User menu item ID's created
in the POS database
Once this feature is activated, test:
- Verify that guest logged in status menu item is added to ALL online orders sent to the POS
- Verify that guest logged in status menu item is NOT ADDED to the order sent from the online ordering vendor directly to Punchh (If the Registered User
menu item is sent to both systems, the rules created above will block ALL earning in the order online AND at the POS
This functionality will NOT suppress bar code printing on most POS integrations
- Brink prints a barcode on ALL POS checks
- Aloha has the ability to be configured to not print barcode. To disable barcodes from printing on Aloha POS guest checks when the online order
was placed by a registered user, open a request with the Punchh Support Center.
This functionality WILL WORK to prevent double earning whether the check in attempt is made via scanning the receipt barcode OR via Guest lookup in the POS
- While this feature will prevent the double earning, it will not prevent the user when picking up the order from adding a POS or Punchh discount on the POS version
of the check, resulting in the guest from point earning online for the full order price. This is a known issue and cannot be prevented at this time.