By default, Micros is installed in the D drive under the Micros folder. When the configuration is set up, a .isl file is created in the same location. This error will be displayed on the POS when the isl files are not copied to the terminals.
If Micros is setup in C drive or any other drive then you would need to update 'PathtoMicros' field under 'Micros.cfg' tab in Punchh Configurator (C:\Program Files (x86)\Punchh)
Verify the steps below to confirm successful connection between Micros and Punchh:
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Punchh\Logs
2. Open the latest log file and scan for errors & warning
- If there are no issues related to the isl file, then the Punchh service reports this kind of information in the log file for each location shown below:
- If the Punchh service finds the isl file already existing in any of the specified directories, then the Punchh service does NOT overwrite the existing pms90.isl file and reports such issues into a log file. For instance,
- Check the logs and make sure there are entries created every 5 minutes. The following is the PING message from MICROS, which confirms successful connection.
3. Run a test transaction to confirm successful earning and redemption